OXFAM Ethiopia Jobs 2023: Oxfam International invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. OXFAM Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment. It’s a great opportunity to work under them.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity, and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults, and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The interested applicants can apply online through the official career page of OXFAM (Oxfam International) before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Quick Details of OXFAM
- Hiring Organization: Oxfam International
- Shortly Known as: OXFAM
- Named after: Oxford Committee for Famine Relief
- Founded: 1942
- Founder: Cecil Jackson-Cole
- Organization Type: Charitable Organization
- Organization Size: 5,000-10,000 employees
- Headquarters: Nairobi, Kenya
- Official Website: www.oxfam.org.uk
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
OXFAM Ethiopia Job Notifications 2023
The Oxfam International (OXFAM) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
Position Name: Programme Support Intern
- Northern Ethiopia Response
- Position grade: N/A
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Duration: 6 (Six) Months
- Supervisor Position: N/A
- Report to: Northern Ethiopia Response Manager
- PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- Oxfam is implementing the Northern Ethiopia response programme through a combination of working with local partners and direct implementation, through EFSVL, WASH, and Protection programmes with Gender mainstreamed.
OBJECTIVE OF THE INTERNSHIP
- The objective of this internship role is to provide a training opportunity for interested graduates and to assist the Northern Ethiopia Response Manager and the Humanitarian and Resilience Program at large in providing effective admin and relevant programmatic support.
- Specific responsibilities
- Raise ROs and track procurements.
- Assist with the preparation and dissemination of materials including meeting notes and reports and follow up on action points.
- Support the organization of meetings and conferences and support the implementation of projects
- Assist in drafting talking points/ meeting notes, reports, and presentations.
- Work with the Admin team to arrange flights
- Assist in drafting and preparing official documents.
- Work with the Finance team on Banana transportation – follow up on the letter from NDRMC,
- Work with the logistics team to closely follow up procurement, delivery, and transportation of NFIs
- Supports staff during the preparation of meetings and workshops as needed (meeting halls, stationery, refreshments, lunch, etc.)
- Provides administrative support to staff for copying and scanning.
- Work with the Partnership team to follow up on MOUs and government reports
- Work with HR on following up on recruitments.
- Support and sustain an effective filing system (hard copy and digital)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree from a recognized University or College in Business Management, Communication, social science, Linguistics, or any related field of study that can bring added value to the post.
- Fresh graduates within two years with no work experience and have an interest to work as an intern
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Tailors’ language, tone, style, and format to match the audience
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others, and responds appropriately
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Always behaves professionally and ethically
- Any experience in providing translation services is an advantage
- Any experience/participation in facilitating discussion and training is an asset
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile through: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/ or https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/18704/description on or before January 16, 2023.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply”