Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF) is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian medical organisation that intervenes in emergencies and crisis situations to relieve human suffering resulting from unmet medical needs. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to politics and provides its assistance without discriminating on the basis of race, religion, ideology, or political affiliation. MSF’s members are required to respect humanitarian principles and principles of medical ethics at all times.
MSF-Holland in Ethiopia currently operates in three projects (Abdurafi / Midre Genet project in Amhara Region, Wardher Project in Somali Region and Kule Project in Gambella region) with a diversified workforce.
Main Purpose / Job Summary: Execute administrative and finance related tasks and follow up of project accountancy to support the Project Finance Manager following MSF standard and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources to achieve project objectives
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Quick Details about
- Hiring Organization:Medicins Sans Frontiers – Holland
- Shortly Known as: MSF
- Organization Type: (Non-profit)
- Organization Size: 1,001-5000 employees
- Headquarters: Holland
General Position Accountabilities:
· Under supervision of the Project Finance Manager, checking payroll calculations and managing personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments
- Implementing cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, assisting the Project Fin Manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Processing the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity
- Carrying out all accounting tasks and activities, classifying, preparing and filing of all accounting pieces in accounting software, in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Preparing monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Following up of all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
· Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project Finance Manager in translation documents in to local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
·Any other administrative task delegated by the Project Finance Manager.
· Perform coding and record cash transactions in the daily cashbook according to the accounting procedure and software.
· Check the validity of the invoices and that identification codes are correct.
· Check the documentation and authorization to withdraw money from cash box (following authorization and approval procedure of the mission).
· Control and monitor cash payments/income from the cashbox.
· Make daily cash count for balance checking purpose and investigate the possible differences and their causes.
· Perform monthly reconciliations with the supervision of HRFIN manager
· Carry out transfer request to replenish the cash box.
· Issue MSF Payment and receipts.
· Managing the payment per diems and allowances.
· Follow-up cash advances and ensure they are duly refunded.
· Prepare payments of salaries and allowances.
· Establishes and follows up a planning of the timely payments (utilities, communication, …)
· Preparation of the financial documents for timely monthly sending to Coordination.
· Makes sure that all legal financial requirements are respected in the payments (deduction of income tax, withholding tax, VAT, TIN numbers…)
- position:-Finance Assistant
- Education:-Diploma/Degree in finance, business or administration related field.
- Experience:-Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Essential: English
- Desirable: Amharic:-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit their nonreturnable and up-to-date CV and cover letter including clear photocopies of all supporting documents via any one of the below-mentioned locations.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates with the required experience and qualifications as well as clear and validated documentation will be called upon to attend further assessment.
Sincerity of Declarations and Documents Submitted to MSF
Use of false documents to gain employment with MSF will lead to automatic cancellation from the recruitment process and if found after employment will lead to immediate termination.
Locations to Submit Applications only through blow link Send an email to
MSF-Holland Office in, Abdurafi
Closing Date : 26th April, 2021