Embassy of sweden invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. Embassy of sweden is invites job seekers for appointment. It’s a great opportunity to work under them.
The Embassy of Sweden in Addis Ababa is responsible for Sweden’s relations with Ethiopia, Djibouti, IGAD and the African Union (AU). The Embassy consist of five sections; Political, Commercial and Cultural Affairs, Bilateral Development Cooperation, Regional Development Cooperation, Migration and Administrative and Consular Section.
The section for Administration and Consular affairs gives administrative support to the entire Embassy consisting of 22 expatriate staff and more than 40 locally employed staff.
The Property Manager will assist the Head of Administration in all issues related to housing and property maintenance as well as security.
Quick Details about Embassy of sweden
- Hiring Organization: Embassy of Sweden in Addis Ababa
- Shortly Known as: Embassy of sweden
- Official Website:www.swedenabroad.se
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
- Liaison between the Embassy and the National Property Board in Sweden (owner of the Embassy compound)
- Coordination of the maintenance of the expatriate staff’s houses and apartments, as well as the Embassy compound
- Finding new housing for the expatriate staff, including negotiations with landlords about contractual matters
- Focal person for procurement of various services and purchases. Contract administration of service contracts, house lease agreements etc.
- Working closely with the Embassy’s security group and monitor, along with inputs from the Political section, various security related issues in the country and Addis Ababa in particular
- Liaison with the Embassy’s security company
- Network and build strong relations with relevant security actors and authorities
- Performing other tasks as required by the Embassy
The work requires close cooperation with all sections at the embassy, as well as with local entrepreneurs and contractors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCES
- Degree in civil engineering or building construction management/equivalent or in relevant office management/administrative field
- Five years of experience from working with the above-mentioned areas
- Documented good knowledge of the local real estate market as well as the building and construction market, including good knowledge about procurement challenges and opportunities in the sector
- Documented very good organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads
- Documented ability to work independently and in a proactive and result oriented manner
- Documented experience of quality control and follow up of projects/purchases
- Fluency in English and Amharic, both written and spoken
- Minimum of a 2nd grade Drivers licence
Additional qualifications considered as merits are:
- Strong team working skills
- Experience of working with security related issues
- Good computer skills
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The vacancy is a full-time position as a local employee, starting with a 6 months probationary period. The Embassy of Sweden is an equal opportunities employer.
Starting date: As agreed / as soon as possible.
Send a CV together with a cover letter in English, in which you briefly describe your interest for the vacant position and how you meet the requirements, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org,
subject: ‘XX (your name)’ UM2021/14341/ADDI.
Please note that applications will not be returned, and only short-listed persons will be contacted by telephone. To be considered, your application should be submitted by 7th of May 2021 and fulfil the abovementioned requirements. The embassy only receives electronic applications.
Contact persons are:
Beruk Mengestu, Property Manager, e-mail Beruk.Mengestu@gov.se
Joakim Nilsson, Head of the Section for Administration and Consular Affairs
For information about the Embassy, please visit our website