SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia Jobs 2023: SOS CVI invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. SOS CVI Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment.
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community-based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Quick Details about SOS CVI
- Hiring Organization: SOS Children’s Villages
- Shortly Known as: SOS CVI
- Founded: 1949
- Founder: Hermann Gmeiner
- President: Siddhartha Kaul
- Honorary President: Helmut Kutin
- Purpose: LDS Humanitarian Services
- Organization Type: Non-profit organization
- Organization Size: 10,001+ employees
- Headquarters: Innsbruck, Austria
- Official Website: www.sos-childrensvillages.org
SOS CVI Ethiopia Job Notifications 2023
The SOS Children’s Villages (SOS CVI) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
Position:- Graduate Trainee (Sponsorship Department)
- Why we need you?
- We are looking for a Graduate Trainee to join our Sponsorship department who will mainly be responsible for editing, and composing Sponsorship correspondences and providing support in giving replies to letters and inquiries of sponsors, and acknowledging gifts sent for children. In addition, the graduate trainee will also support in creating initiatives as well as working to achieve the current initiatives to attract new sponsors and maintain the existing ones as a valuable means to cover the financing of SOS programs.
What we provide…
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
- Your role….
- Providing support in reviewing children and facility bi-annual progress sponsorship letters coming from program locations, make sure it is done according to the guide line and make corrections accordingly
- Providing support in reviewing departure notices prepared by program sponsorship officers, verify the information included on the document is valid and file it accordingly.
- Providing support in reviewing registration documents prepared by program sponsorship officers, verify accuracy of the child data, background history and file it accordingly.
- Providing support in reviewing and uploading pictures and videos prepared for the digital lab. Check the captions sent are of good quality.
- Organizing and updating children and young people’s status
- Providing support in drafting and writes memos, takes minutes of meetings and gives replies to general queries as instructed.
- Sorting out information for the purpose of children progress sponsorship letters from other sources at the national office.
- Providing support in reviewing pictures of individual children and make sure they are up to the standards before printing and dispatch to sponsors.
- Providing support in ensuring that photographs of all sponsored children are duplicated and labelled according to the number of child sponsors and send to the right sponsors.
- Providing support in ensuring that all sponsored children’s Christmas greetings are properly prepared.
- Participating in the preparation of Christmas package to be sent to sponsors with the end of year sponsorship letters.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and security in respect of all records, in particular children biography, sponsors data and other sensitive information.
- Providing support to the department in fund development related initiatives
- Executing other specific assignments instructed by the National Sponsorship team.
- Ensure that consent is signed by the children before and release
- Develop appropriate content that does not affect the dignity of the children
- Support children and young people to make them understand the CS risks and protection mechanisms
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the CS team at programme level and/or to the respective line manager
- BA Degree in English, Literature, Journalism and Communication and other related social science fields
- Trainings or experience working on MS office, Photography, Videography, Editing, and story or report writing.
- Extracurricular activities in different volunteer work or school clubs is desirable
- Fluent written and spoken English skills are expected
“SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with the names and contact details of three referees.
Please be informed that applications that are late, or do not have CV, will be disqualified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent electronically through SOS Children Villages Application prortal (ICIMS)
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply