Amref Health Africa invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. Amref Health Africa Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment.
Amref Health Africa is an African-led international health development organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa envision to bringing lasting health change for Africain more than 30 countries across the continent. With a focus on women and children, the organization strives to overcome the most critical health challenges facing the continent: maternal and child health, HIV & TB, malaria, water and sanitation and health systems strengthening. Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia has been working in Ethiopia since 2002 in close collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health implementing a range of projects in maternal, neonatal and child health, reproductive health, health systems strengthening, health workforce development, water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS and non-communicable diseases across the country, supported by a wide range of multilateral and bilateral donors, corporates and foundations.
Under the supervision of National Program Coordinator, the Program Officer will be responsible for the overall management and facilitation of the program implementation and project development phase including assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring, networking, partnership and reporting of the project activities at the zonal level. The implementation of the program including provision of technical support and capacity building activities for the Amref program woredas, health facilities and community health actors to ensure RESET Plus FP activities and projects of Amref is integrated and implemented for better outcomes.
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit Program Officer for its RESET Plus Family Planning project and other Amref project based in Wolaita Soddo, Borena, Afar/Semera and Waghimra zones and will report to National Program Coordinator.
Quick Details of Amref Health Africa
- Hiring Organization: Amref Health Africa
- Commonly Known as: AHA
- Organization Type: Non-profit
- Organization Size: 10,000 employees
- Headquarters: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Official Website: www. amref.org
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram: https://t.me/ethioworks1
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
NB: Whenever you are looking for job in Ethiopia, just remember www.ethioworks.com We hope that ethioworks.com will help you find your dream job quickly and easily.
Amref Health Africa Job Notifications 2022
The Amref Health Africa wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
Position: 1: Finance and admin Officer
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- More than 8 years of relevant experience in the areas of financial, admin and project management expertise. Minimum of 4 years’ experience in International NGOs with the same position.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- High level of analytical and interpretative problem solving.
- Computer literacy, including facility with, Finance related software’s, ERP, Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to develop and implement solutions independently
Position 2: Senior Technical Director
- POSITIONTITLE: Senior Technical Director
- REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
- SUPERVISEES: CSO Project Coordinators, Amref Regional Program Support Leads and
……..………….….Capacity Building and Partnership Advisor
- POSITION STATUS: Full time
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa with frequent site level support and travel.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience implementing youth development activities (e.g., economic empowerment, education, SRHR, Youth Friendly Services Provision, Youth Advocacy). Experience working with the private sector is a plus
- Master’s degree and above is required in a relevant field such as Public Health, Projects Management, Business Management, Educational Leadership, Development Studies, Adolescent and Youth Health or International Development
- Strong understanding of the economic, educational, and youth contexts in Ethiopia, with a deep national network of relevant contacts across government, industry, and civil society
- Technical leadership experience on youth development projects funded by USAID and/or other donors
- Experience in developing strategies, technical guidelines, manuals, SOPs and service and performance standards for youth and development projects
- Strong understanding of best practices in youth programming, including Positive Youth Development (PYD), and familiarity with USAID’s Youth in Development Policy
- Experience or understanding USAID rules and regulations and compliance procedures
- Hands on experience on local CSOs capacity building, projects implementation, coordination, and quality assurance. Experience developing and implementing effective capacity strengthening models and approaches for organizations and individuals
- Ability to provide technical leadership, communicate effectively, and promote a team approach to enhance staff commitment
- Experience cultivating relationships and collaborating with a variety of Ethiopian stakeholders including youth, government ministries and officials, local and international NGOs, donors, the private sector, and community-based institutions
- Excellent written and oral English and Amharic language and communication skills with a variety of audiences including business, government, the general public and the media.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and database skills
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, teamwork, and analytical skills
- Willingness to travel extensively to project cities within the country
- View Job Description: Apply for job
Position 3: Implementation research Advisor
- Minimum of five years’ relevant experience
- Research Design and Execution experience
- Strong understanding of big data management
- Implementation research experience
- Diverse knowledge of various public health issues
- Strong analytical skill and programming
- Strong software skills. Mandatory to understand at least the following software STATA, R, and S
- Communication skills
- Ability to generate evidence for decision making
- Ability to operationalise evidence into action
- Ability to work with diverse groups
View Job Description: Apply for job
Position 4: Project Assistant
- Project Title: Health, Climate Change Mitigation and Resilience Pilot project in Ethiopia
- Position: Project Assistant
- Duty Station: Gambella Town
- Required number: 1(One)
- Terms of employment: 1 year with possibility of extension based on the availability of funds and performance
- Expected Starting Date: As soon as possible.
- BSC in environmental health, Public Health, and any other WASH related fields.
- Minimum of 4 years’ of experience in WASH/health project implementation.
- NGO experience is an advantageJob Requirement/Qualification
- Excellent computer skills: MS applications- Windows, MS Word and Excel, and research data analysis software (STATA, SPSS……)
- The ideal candidate must have strong analytical, problem solving and networking skills & a team player
- Skill in presentation and facilitation, writing, and listening skills
- Fluency in English, Amharic, and knowledge of local language is an advantage Comfortable to receiving feedback
- Good Interpersonal skills experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- December 29, 2022.
- View Job Description: Apply for job
How to Apply?
If you are Interested? Please visit our website to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application.: https://amref.org/vacancies/?search_job_type=full-time
Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be December 29, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
Ø Telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Ø Candidates MUST refer the position title and duty station on the subject line of their email and application