ILRI Ethiopia Jobs 2022: International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. ILRI Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works for better lives through livestock in developing countries. ILRI is co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, has 14 offices across Asia and Africa, employs some 700 staff and has an annual operating budget of about USD80 million.
The interested applicants can apply online through the official career page of ILRI (International Livestock Research Institute) at before closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Quick Details of ILRI
- Hiring Organization: International Livestock Research Institute
- Abbreviation: ILRI
- Founded: 1994
- Organization Type: CGIAR Research Centre
- Organization Size: 700 Employees
- Headquarters Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Official Website: www.ilri.org
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
NB: Whenever you are looking for job in Ethiopia, just remember www.ethioworks.com We hope that ethioworks.com will help you find your dream job quickly and easily.
Recently the organization has published an employment notification in Addis Zemen regarding the currently vacant post on various posts. Therefore, interested Ethiopia Govt job seekers must apply before the closing date.
ILRI Ethiopia Vacancy Details 2022
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
Applicants can apply online through career page of ILRI before the closing date of this announcement. For more information please check the below job notifications.
- Position: Animal Genetics and Breeding – Research Officer III
- Job Time: Full-Time
- Job Type: Contract
- Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Salary: Birr 54,044
- Key responsibilities:
- Apply statistical models mostly independently to disentangle environmental (bioclimatic, management levels) and genetic effects influencing on-farm chicken performance (e.g., growth, egg productivity, and survival) of breeds (strains);
- Apply geospatial statistics to identify the most relevant environmental predictors influencing habitat suitability and re-define species-specific agroecologies in different countries with a focus on chickens;
- Develop workflows and analytical frameworks to compare breeds on performance and yield stability of breeds across heterogenous environments;
- Support TPGS team and its multiple research activities in data analysis and visualization;
- Conduct reviews of existing methods and concepts for multi-environment performance testing of tropically adapted livestock breeds to inform policies and development interventions leading to positive outcomes in food security, sustainability, and climate change resilience;
- Develop new research questions in adaptation genetics in the context of tropical smallholder livestock farming;
- Develop scientific manuscripts and publish in high impact scientific journals;
- Develops animal performance evaluation systems /work plans / guidelines; leads and coordinates research activities along with National partners in the TPGS project countries in Africa and Southeastern Asia;
- Contributes to the development of concept notes, grant proposals and resource mobilization;
- Design and conduct on-farm experiments, undertakes high level capacity building on research, data collection, and implementation for country teams;
- Manages the development and implementation of group trainings in on-station and on-farm poultry research design and data collection for country TPGS teams;
- Communicates on-farm and on-station research protocols and findings to target audience at regional and country-level meetings;
- Contributes to the writing and editing of TPGS Standard Operating Procedures;
- Compiles, summarizes, documents, and publishes research data into reports, briefs, journal articles, periodicals, discussion papers, magazines and newsletters;
- Contributes to overall TPGS and ILRI efforts in strengthening livestock genetics research;
- Conducts regular field visits to supervise data collection and follows-up with partners in national institutions in project countries;
- Organizes and facilitates project and stakeholder engagement workshops and interacts with internal and external stakeholders;
- Provides technical support in breeding and genetics data analysis;
- Builds the capacity of partners in-country teams
- Compiles regular reports on the state of the project spanning data summaries, workshop and trip reports, project briefs, etc.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
- MSc degree in Animal Genetics and Breeding or in a related field
- Broad / specialized knowledge of methods, techniques and processes
- At least 7 years of practical animal breeding and genetics experience related to multi-environment performance (productive and adaptive) evaluation of breeds and ability with combining multiple sources of information (e.g., genetic, bioclimatic and phenotypic information).
- Experience in implementing poultry research and/or development activities in Sub-Saharan African/Southeastern Asian countries.
- Analysis of animal performance, genetic, and environmental data with expertise in geospatial (ecological) modeling;
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in livestock adaptation genetics and breeding
- Advanced R and/or Python programming skills, including multivariate analysis and (preferably) machine learning and mixed linear models;
- Demonstrated ability to publish peer-reviewed papers;
- Extensive experience in implementing proven experimental designs for various livestock systems;
- Experience and knowledge in qualitative and quantitative research methods and analyses used in animal genetic improvement programs;
- Knowledge of the poultry sector and experience in African and Asian countries;
- Experience in facilitation skills;
- Strong English language skills, both written and spoken;
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills;
- Punctuality, intellectual curiosity, willingness to take initiative, multi-tasking, and willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Ability to both take direction and work independently;
- Collaborative skills and experience in working with multi-cultural teams; and
- Willingness to travel in and outside of Ethiopia
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Grade: HG 15
- Minimum Monthly Base Salary: Birr 54,044 (negotiable depending on the salary history of the candidate)
- Terms of appointment: This is a National Staff (NS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes a very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
- Application Deadline: December, 16/2022
How to apply
All applications MUST include the following (applications not containing these documents will not be considered):
- A cover letter addressed to the Head of Capacity Development, expressing interest in the internship position and the motivation. The position title and reference number (REF: INT/ILRI/ICT_ADD/01/2022) should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
- Academic qualification transcripts/ certificates.
- University internship letter.
Applications must be submitted by clicking on the tab “APPLY” on or before 31 August 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Via Online: https://hire.simplicant.com/jobs/45847-ilri-internship-ict-unit/apply_for_job?company_id=2942&jid=45847-ilri-internship-ict-unit&referer=jobboard_widget