The Hubert Humphrey Fellowships for the 2023-2024 academic year offer comprehensive financial support for international students, which includes full tuition, standard housing and food expenses, textbooks, a one-time allowance to buy a computer, and funds for professional development. This scholarship opportunity is now open for study in the United States, and this article will provide detailed information about its benefits and a step-by-step guide for applying.
International students can benefit from fully funded non-degree programs through the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships for the 2023-2024 academic year. This scholarship covers all the costs associated with the program, including full tuition fees, typical accommodation and meal expenses, textbooks, a one-time grant to purchase a computer, and a grant for professional development.
The Humphrey Fellowship Program is available to professionals who wish to improve their management skills through a reciprocal exchange of knowledge and understanding on topics that concern both their home countries and the United States. The program welcomes young and mid-career professionals for a year of graduate-level research, leadership training, and professional collaboration with experts from designated countries.
The Humphrey Program has three primary objectives:
- Develop leaders who have been shaped by exposure to American values, models, and ideas and can have a positive impact on their societies.
- Establish and improve long-term, productive partnerships and relationships between Americans and individuals from other parts of the world.
- Increase the knowledge and understanding of Americans about international issues, cultures, and societies, and expand and enhance the scope of international exchange and training programs
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships Summary
- Level of Study: Non-degree Program
- Institution(s): Participating USA Universities
- Study in: USA
- Number of Scholarships: 200 Fellowships
- Deadline: Before 1 October (annually) Application deadlines vary by country
The eligible program fields are:
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university.
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance.
- Accident and sickness coverage.
- Pre-academic English language training, if required.
- A book allowance.
- A one-time computer subsidy.
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events).
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Eligibility Criteria Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
To be eligible for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships, applicant must have:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of eligible countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, and Western Hemisphere.
- An undergraduate (first university) degree.
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience.
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- A record of public service in the community.
- English language ability.
Please contact the U.S. Embassy, Fulbright Commission or Public Affairs Section in your country of residence to learn about the specific requirements.
How to Apply for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships?
Please follow the following applications instructions to apply for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships:
- Choose the country that you are from.
- Check the website of your country and send an email.