Bank Quantitative Aptitude Questions part 3
Ethiopian Banks Aptitude Exam Questions:Aptitude Exam is one of the main exam used by banks and large corporations in hiring staff, which includes English language, math, physics and reasoning questions.
Commercial Bank of Ethiopia(CBE), Awash Bank, Abyssinia Bank and Addis Ababa city government use aptitude exams to short list applicants for further hiring process.
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
EXAM . Quantitative Aptitude test (25 marks)
1. The sum of the ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 3 years each is 50 years. The age of the youngest child is:
A. 6 years B. 5 years C. 4 years D. None of the above
2. A person walked diagonally across a square plot. Approximately, what was the percent saved by not walking along the edges?
A. 35% B. 30 % C. 20 % D. None of the above
3. The average of 20 numbers is zero. How many of them may be greater than zero, at The most?
A. 18 B. 20 C. 0 D. None of the above
4. An accurate clock shows 8 o’clock in the morning. Through how many degrees will the hour hand Rotate when the clock shows 2 o’clock in the afternoon?
A. 154° B. 180° C. 170° D. None of the above
5. Ato kebede purchased a machine for Birr 80,000. After spending Birr 5000 on repair and Birr’ 1000 on transport he sold it with 25% profit. What price did he sell the machine?
A. Birr 107000 B. Birr 107500 C. Birr 108500 D. all of the above
6. A train runs at the speed of 72 km/hr and crosses a 250 m long platform in 26 seconds. What is the length of the train?
A. 270 m B. 210 m C. 340 m D. None of the above
7. A fair coin is tossed. What is the chance of getting head?
A. 1 B. 0.5 C. 0.8 D. None of the above
8. For “the following sequence, one does not belong to others. Which one is it? 3, 9, 12, 29
A. 12 B. 9 C. 29 D. 3
9. W/o Alemachesh starts a business with Birr 45000. Ato Zeberga joins in the business after 3 months with Birr 30000. What will be the ratio in which they should share the profit at the end of the year?
A. 1:2 B. 2:1 C. 1:3 D. None of the above
10. Insert the missing number. 12, 25, 51,103, 207, (…)
A. 789 B. 415 C. 522 D. 812
11. Three candidates contested an election and received 1100, 7000 and 2000 votes. What percentage of the total votes did the winning candidate get?
A. 57% B. 50% C. 55% D. None of the above
12. 6 men and 8 women can complete a work in 10 days. 26 men and 48 women can finish the same work in 2 days. 15 men and 20 women can do the same work in:
A 4 days B. 6 days C. 2 days D. None of the above
13. What is 10% of 1?
A. 1 B. 0.1 C. 0.01 D. None of the above
14. Kedir wanted to buy his Mom some roses for her birthday. He went to the flower shop and choose some beautiful pink roses for her. The roses were Birr 28.99 a dozen. He gave the clerk Birr 40.00.How much change did he receive?
A. Birr 20.00 B. Birr 11.01 C. Birr 12.20 D. None of the above
15. What was the day of the week on 8th March, 2014?
A. Tuesday B. Wednesday C. Saturday D. None of the above
16. A man buys a book for Birr 1000 and sells it at a loss of 10%. What is the selling price of the book?
A. Birr 1240 B. Birr 1190 C. Birr 900 D. None of the above
17. Ato-Wereket purchased a machine for Birr 80,000. After spending Birr 5000 on repair and Birr 1000 on transport he sold it with 25% profit. What price did he sell the machine?
A. Birr 107000 B. Birr 107500 C. Birr 108500 D. None of the above
18. At 3:40, the hour hand and the minute hand of a clock form an angle of
A. 135° B. 130° C. 120° D. None of the above
19. Insert the missing number. 34, 7, 37, 14, 40, 28, 43, (…)
A. 31 B. 42 C. 46 D. None of the above
20. If 2X=8, then the value of x is:
A. 2 B. 3 C. 4 D. None of the above
21. (100) ° is equal to:
A. 100 B. 0 C. 1000 D. None of the above
22. A train is running at a speed of 40 km/hr and it crosses a post in 18 seconds. What is the length (in meters) of the train?
A. 190 B. 160 C. 200 D. None of the above
23. A grocer has a sale of Birr 6435, Birr 6927, Birr 6855, Birr 7230 and Birr 6562 for 5 consecutive months. How much sale must he have in the sixth month so that he gets an average sale of Birr 6500?
A. 4800 B. 4991 C. 5004 D. None of the above
24. What is the probability of getting number 4 when a die is rolled?
A. 0.5 B. 1 C. 0.1 D. None of the above
25. If a quarter kg of potato costs 60 cents, how many cents does 200 gm cost?
A. 65 cents B. 70 cents C. 52 cents D. None of the above