Table of Contents
Commercial Bank of Ethiopia Exam Question part 4
This question is common in bank interviews as the answer helps the interviewer understand your reasons behind the choice of career. Talking points can include the importance of the banking sector, its influence and growth trends. Avoid sharing personal reasons like salary, reputation, perks, etc., and answer with reasons andfactual opinions
Arithmetic Aptitude Part 4
1. A train of 30 meters long, travels at a speed of 45 km/hr crosses a bridge in 30 Seconds. The length of the bridge is
A. 270 m B. 245 m C. 235 m D. None of the above
2. What is the probability of getting a number less than 4 when a die is rolled?
A. 0.5 B. 0.65 C. 0.75 D. None of the above
3. Find the odd from the following series 1, 8, 27, 64, 125, 196, 216, 343
A. 64 B. 196 C. 216 D. None of the above
4. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 12 and 24 minutes, respectively. If both the pipes are used together, then how long will it take to fill the tank?
A. 9 minutes B. 8 minutes C. 6 D. None of the above
5.Which of the following is a prime number?
A. 9 B. 8 C. 2 D. None of the above
12. If n is a natural number, then (6n2 + 6n) is always divisible by:
A. Both 6 and 12 B. 6 only C.12 only D. None of above
13.Winta and Lansa invest Birr 21000 and Birr 17500 respectively in a business. At the end of the year, they make a profit of Birr 26400. What is the share of Winta in the profit?
A. Birr 14400 B. Birr 26400 C. Birr 12000 D None of above
14. Aschalew is able to do a piece of work in 15 days and Abay can do the same work in 20 days. If they can work together for 4 days, what is the fraction of work left?
A. 8/15 B. 7/15 C. 11/15 D. None of the above
15. If you take away 25 from a number you will be left with two and halftimes 30. What is the number?
A. 105 B. 110 C. 100 D. None of the above
16. The sum of the present ages of a son and his father is 60 years. Six years ago, father’s age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, what will be son’s age?
A. 23 years B. 22 years C. 21 years D. None of the above
17. Find the missing number. 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, (….)
A. 64 B. 54 C. 56 D. None of the above
18. The average weight of 8 person’s increases by 2.5 kg when a new person comes in place of one of them weighing 65 kg. What is the weight of the new person?
A. 75 Kg B. 50 Kg C. 85 Kg D. None of the above
19. The population of a town has increased from 15,000 to 6,0000 in a decade. The average percent increase of population per year is:
A. 4.37% B. 6% C. 5% D. None of the above
20. Ato Abebe buys an old refrigerator for Birr 4700 and spends Birr 800 on its repairs. If he sells the refrigerator for Birr 5800, What is his gain percent ?
A. 5% B. 4.7% C. 2% D. None of the above
21. The average of five consecutive positive integers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. What is the excluded number?
A. 30 B. 35 C. 40 D. None of the above
22. A fruit seller had some apples. He sells 40% of the apples and still has 420 apples. Originally, he had:
A. 588 apples B. 700 apples C. 600 apples D. None of the above
23. The cost price of 20 articles is the same as the selling price of x articles. If the profit is 25%, then the value of A is:
A. 15 B. 16 C. 18 D. None of the above
24. if a student scored B for a 4 credit hour course, A for a 2 credit hour course and C for a 3 credit hour course, what would be her/his grade point average (GPA)?
A. 2.89 B. 3.25 C. 3.47 D. None of the above
25. What is the simple interest on Birr 7000 at 5 % for 9 months?
A. Birr 1075 B. Birr 975 C. Birr 875 D. None of the above T
26. Today is Monday. After 61 days, it will be:
A) Wednesday B. Monday C. Saturday D. None of the above
27. The length of a rectangular garden is 20 feet longer than the width, w. Which equation best describes the garden’s perimeter, P?
A. (w+20)+w B. (w+20)w C. (w+20)2w D. None of the above
28. Which expression is equivalent to 5[4 + 3(x- 6)J?
A. 5x-10 B. 5x-70 C. 5x-110 D. None of the above
29.A man purchased a cow for Birr 3000 and sold it the same day for Birr 3600, allowing the
buyer a credit of 2 years. If the rate of interest be 10% per annum, then the man has a gain of:
A. 0% B. 5% C. 7.5% D. None of the above
30.What is 5% of 5?
A. 25 B. 0.25 C. 0.025 D. None of the above
31.What is the ratio of nine and nine to nine?
A. 3:1 B. 2:1 C. 1:3 D. None of the above
32.A man wants to sell his television. There are two offers, one at Birr 12,000 cash and the other a credit of Birr 12,880 to be paid after 8 months, money being at 18% per annum. Which is the better offer?
A. 12,000 in cash B. 12,880 at credit C. Both are equally good D. None of the above
33.Ato Abebe’s,(monthly salary is Birr 2000. If he has received a bonus of 20%, the total amout (in Birr) that he receives is:
A. 2000 B. 2400 C. 2020 D. None of the above
34.W/0 Asnakech was planting a new flower garden. She bought 8 new pink plants. Each plant cost Birr 7.00. What was the total cost (in Birr) of the pink plants?
A. 84 B.104 C. 76 D. None of the above
35.Suppose that you haven’t studied for this quantitative aptitude test and will just randomly guess at all answers (with the four choices equally likely). The chance that you will get 20 answers correct is:
A. 0.50 B. 0.57 C. 0. 61 D. None of the above
1. If a man was r years old s years ago, how years old will he be t years from now?
A. rs + t B. r-s + t C. r + s + t D. None
2. In one week the naval fire department had a total of thirty calls, six of which were false alarms. What was the percentage of actual calls this department attended?
A. 20% B. 65% C. 75% D. None
3. The greatest number of Mondays which can occur in a 45-day period is
Ay6 B. 7 C. 8 D. None
4. The number 9 is 15% of
A. 45 B. 54 C. 60 D. None
5. If 6 men and 8 boys can do a piece of work in 10 days while 26 men and 48 boys can do the same in 2 days, the time taken by 15 men and 20 boys in doing the same type of work will be: A. 4 B. 5 C.6 D. None
6. A does 80% of a work in 20 days. He then calls in B and they together finish the remaining work in 3 days. How long B alone would take to do the whole work?
A.23 days B. 37 days C. 37.5 days D. None
7. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the digits is 36. What is the difference between the sum and the difference of the digits of the number if the ratio between the digits of the number is 1: 2?
A. 4 B. 8 C. 6 D. None
8. The diagonal of a rectangle is 41 cm and its area is 20 sq. cm. The perimeter of the rectangle(in cm) must be:
A. 9 B. 18 C. 20 D.None
9. Find out the wrong number in the given sequence of numbers.36,54,45,63,54,75
A.75 B^54 C. 63 D. None
10. What is the highest common factor of 36 and 84?
A. 4 B. 6 C. 12 D. None
11.How many digits will be there to the right of the decimal point in the product of 95.75 and .0255A?
A. 5 B. 6 C. 7 D. None
12. Insert the missing number.1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, (….)
A.54 B. 56 C. 64 D. None
13. Two dice are tossed. The probability that the total score is a prime number is: A. 1/6 B. 5/12 C. l/2 D. None
14. Running at the, same constant rate, 6 identical machines can produce a total of 270 bottles per minute. At this rate, how many bottles could 10 such machines produce in 4 minutes?
A.648 B. 1800 C. 2700 D. None
15. If 20% of a = b, then b% of 20 is the same as:
A. 4% of a B. 5% of a C. 20% of a D. None £3.
16. A man walked diagonally across a square field. Approximately, what was the percent saved by not walking along the edges?
A. 20 B.24 C. 30 D. None
17. Find a positive number which when increased by 17 is equal to 60 times the reciprocal of the number.
A. 3 B. 10 C. 17 D. none
18. Azeb’s father was 38 years of age when she was born while her mother was 36 years old when her brother four years younger to her was born. What is the difference between the ages (in years) of her parents?
A. 2 B. 4 C. 6 D. None
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.