UNHCR Internship Program is one of the best internships for international candidates who are talented, highly motivated, and passionate individuals and are eager to work on humanitarian grounds. In this international internship program, the interns become an integral part of UNHCR Mission to serve humanity and also experience the international environment for working. The knowledgeable individuals from around the world are welcomed for this paid internship at UNHCR so that their innovative ideas and different thinking can be utilized for the betterment of this world. Moreover, it is an opportunity to become a part of the Community Based Protection Team while working in accordance with the academic lines. The six months paid internship helps the interns to gain passion and skills which has a ripple effect in their next phases of career development.
The United Nations internship is a unique opportunity in which the interns work on given assignments and projects under the supervision of the world’s most skilled and senior professionals. Moreover, the internship opportunity is a way forward to have a deeper look into matters of grave concern. For instance, the UNHCR interns are provided with projects related to refugees, IDPs, Stateless people, and other human protection-related agendas. By having direct contact with the core issues, the dexterous individuals come up with the most probable solutions and also learn about the day-to-day struggles of the mentioned people. Thus, working with UNHCR as a six-month intern is not only an internship but also a platform to work together for the greater good.
UNHCR was created after WWII to overcome the refugee crisis. Since then the organization has been engaged in numerous projects to protect refugees, IDPs, and forcibly displaced people, etc. On its 50th anniversary, the organization has achieved success in providing assistance to more than 50 million refugees from all over the world. The organization has received two Nobel Prizes due to its untiring efforts and due to its outstanding and overwhelming success in providing relief to the people in crisis. So, the internship vacancies in UNHCR are a golden chance for interns to excel in their career growth.
UNHCR offers Geneva-based internships as well as internships in other places where UNHCR offices are established. The internship opportunities are according to the need of the office. Moreover, the projects are also assigned according to the interest of the candidates and according to their educational background. UNHCR is working worldwide and to work in such a vast organization is a surety that the experience which is being gained from the six-month internship program in an international organization is no doubt an everlasting learning experience. Furthermore, the organization’s scope is expanding day by day and it is now working on diverse projects such as media, communication, protection, and many other fields. so these full-time and part-time internships encourage the potential candidates to come forward and take part in a better cause.
UNHCR Internship program 2022:
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Geneva and Regional and Country offices
- Two to Six Months
Join Our Telegram Group if You not Joined it Already
Avail the most amazing opportunity Swedish Institute Scholarships 2022 by Sweden Government Fully Funded
Benefits of the UNHCR Internship Program 2022:
- The interns will receive a supporting allowance for food and local transportation if they do not receive financial support from any outside party.
- The interns will gain real-life experience of working in a world-class and impactful organization.
- The UN internship would be a golden sport in the CV and would be helpful in the career development of the interns.
- The internship provides a chance to have contacts with other influential professionals and pave a way for better job opportunities.
Eligibility Criteria of the UNHCR Internship 2022:
- The candidates whose immediate relatives are UNHCR employees can not apply.
- Students from around the world can apply regardless of their nationalities.
- The candidate must be enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate school program from a university or higher education facility which is accredited by UNESCO.
- Recent graduates are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates must have completed two years of their undergraduate program in a relevant field or in an area of interest in accordance with the organizations’ work.
- If the candidate has completed graduation, only the fresh candidates can apply. By fresh graduates means the candidates whose graduation has completed not more than one year ago.
How to Apply for the UNHCR Internship Program 2022?
- The candidates have to apply online by getting themselves registered first.
- The applicants have to complete their profiles online.
- The mode of the language of the application must be English.
- Once the candidates are successfully registered, they have to select the specific open position.
- The candidates must be proficient in the English language. The knowledge of the second language of UNHCR is not mandatory but a plus point. (Arabic/Chinese/French/Russian/Spanish).
- Make sure to write your motivational letter/personal statement carefully as it will show your previous history and your eligibility for the post.
UNHCR Internship Deadline:
- Every internship opportunity has a different deadline.