Mercy Corps Ethiopia invites qualified applicants for the various positions. MC Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment.
Mercy Corps has been operating in Ethiopia since 2004, working in rural, peri-urban and urban areas in five regional states – Somali, Oromia, Afar, Southern Nations Nationalities and Peoples, Amhara – and the capital city of Addis Ababa. We engage in both development and humanitarian work, and seek to integrate approaches, programs and geographies as much as possible. Our partners include government, academic institutions, development and private sector actors, civil societies and communities.
Mercy Corps Ethiopia is demonstrating a sustained commitment to agency Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and Gender, Diversity and Inclusion efforts. Accordingly, the country office is selected as one of the two Mercy Corps pilot countries to implement the recently launched a new three-year agency wide Gender Equality, Diversity and Social inclusion (GEDSI) Strategy . The strategy is unique in that it represents a joint effort between the GESI (Gender Equality and Social Inclusion) and GDI (Gender, Diversity, and Inclusion) teams. The strategy reflects the important link between internal GDI promotion and Mercy Corps’ goal of achieving programmatic impact at the community level. Therefore, Mercy Corps Ethiopia is looking to hire a national volunteer to support the country GEDSI effort as part of the pilot and regular GEDSI implementation.
Mercy Corps has a growing portfolio of programs in Ethiopia that focus on food security; agriculture and livestock market systems development; maternal and child health and nutrition; youth economic productivity; resilience and humanitarian response. In Ethiopia, some of our donors include USAID, SIDA, EU, DFID, and WFP.
Quick Details about
- Hiring Organization: Mercy Corps Ethiopia
- Shortly Known as: MCE
- Founded: 1979
- Organization Type: Non-profit Organization
- Organization Size: 1000-5000 employees
- Headquarters: 45 SW Ankeny St · 97204 Portland
- CEO: Tjada D’Oyen McKenna (Since 2020)
- Official Website: www.mercycorps.org
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
NB: Whenever you are looking for job in Ethiopia, just remember www.ethioworks.com We hope that ethioworks.com will help you find your dream job quickly and easily.
The Mercy Corps Ethiopia wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
Position Title: Communications Intern
- Position Title: Communications Intern
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Open Position: 2
- Entry Level (Fresh Graduate)
Benefits and Compensations
– Mercy Corps provides a monthly transportation allowance to the intern
– Travel and accommodation costs will be covered by the organization when in field assignments
- Completed BA or equivalent degree in Communications, Journalism, Fine Arts, Marketing, or related field of study, with knowledge of basic photography skills and enthusiasm for storytelling and humanitarian work.
- A Master’s degree in the fields above is also acceptable, but not a requirement.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 1 year) in communications, journalism, visual story telling. Strong writing skills, presentation, and an eye for visual communications.
- Digital/ computer skills Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Photoshop or other photo/video editing software, social media (Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn…).
- Fluent knowledge (both oral and written) of English and Amharic languages. Working knowledge of other local languages is an advantage.
- Adaptable to an international, multicultural, and multilingual environment.
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Positive attitude and ability to multi-task and to work under pressure
- Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time
- Ability to produce quality results under deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Showing willingness to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills
How to Apply?
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised. All applications submitted to the Mercy Corps office or electronically include a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. To ensure fairness to all applicant’s personal inquiries are not permitted.
Only candidates that are short-listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews.
“Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female and young candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.”
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 17 October 2022/ 4:00 PM
Please send non-returnable applications and credentials to one of the following addresses:
Note: Please make sure that you mention the position title in the subject line of your email application.
Mercy Corps Recruiter
Addis Ababa: P.O. Box 14319
Arbaminch: P.O. Box 33 , Jijiga: P.O. Box 225
Negelle Borena: P.O. Box 116
Dire Dawa: P.O. Box 974
Gambella Office in person