Mercy Corps Ethiopia invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. MC Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment.
Mercy Corps has been operating in Ethiopia since 2004, working in rural, peri-urban and urban areas in five regional states – Somali, Oromia, Afar, Southern Nations Nationalities and Peoples, Amhara – and the capital city of Addis Ababa. We engage in both development and humanitarian work, and seek to integrate approaches, programs and geographies as much as possible. Our partners include government, academic institutions, development and private sector actors, civil societies and communities.
Mercy Corps Ethiopia is demonstrating a sustained commitment to agency Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and Gender, Diversity and Inclusion efforts. Accordingly, the country office is selected as one of the two Mercy Corps pilot countries to implement the recently launched a new three-year agency wide Gender Equality, Diversity and Social inclusion (GEDSI) Strategy . The strategy is unique in that it represents a joint effort between the GESI (Gender Equality and Social Inclusion) and GDI (Gender, Diversity, and Inclusion) teams. The strategy reflects the important link between internal GDI promotion and Mercy Corps’ goal of achieving programmatic impact at the community level. Therefore, Mercy Corps Ethiopia is looking to hire a national volunteer to support the country GEDSI effort as part of the pilot and regular GEDSI implementation.
Mercy Corps has a growing portfolio of programs in Ethiopia that focus on food security; agriculture and livestock market systems development; maternal and child health and nutrition; youth economic productivity; resilience and humanitarian response. In Ethiopia, some of our donors include USAID, SIDA, EU, DFID, and WFP.
Quick Details about
- Hiring Organization: Mercy Corps Ethiopia
- Shortly Known as: MCE
- Founded: 1979
- Organization Type: Non-profit Organization
- Organization Size: 1000-5000 employees
- Headquarters: 45 SW Ankeny St · 97204 Portland
- CEO: Tjada D’Oyen McKenna (Since 2020)
- Official Website: www.mercycorps.org
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
The Mercy Corps Ethiopia wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
Position Title: Intern HR
- Position Title: Intern HR
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Position: One
- Length of Internship: 6 Months
- Work Station
- All required office supplies
- Transport Allowance
- Per diem during field visit
- Coverage of lodging expense during field visit
- Coverage of Transportation expense during field visitFor the duration of this internship assignment, the intern will receive:
Intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with
· Transport from/to office
· Medical and any Insurance
- IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum academic score of 200
- Completed courses in international development, management, business administration or field related to social sciences with minimum score of 2.7
- One letter of recommendation from a professor on the candidate’s academic performance
- One letter of recommendation from a non-family member on the candidate’s personal integrity and sense of responsibility.
- LIVING CONDITIONS: The internship should be based out of the intern’s home location.
How to Apply?
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised. All applications submitted to the Mercy Corps office include a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicant’s personal inquiries are not permitted.
Only candidates that are short listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews.
“We only need qualified female candidates!!!”
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 23 July 2022/ 4:00 PM
Please send non-returnable applications and credentials to one of the following address:
Mercy Corps Recruiter
Addis Ababa: P.O. Box 14319
Arbaminch: P.O. Box 33 , Jijiga: P.O. Box 225
Negelle Borena: P.O. Box 116
Dire Dewa: P.O. Box 974