UN Women Ethiopia Jobs 2021: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. UN Women Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment. It’s a great opportunity to work under them.
Securing accountability and ending impunity for SGBV and asserting women’s and girls’ access to the full range of rights are some of the most challenging yet fundamental conditions for the restoration of the rule of law post-conflict. Upon request, UN Women provides national and international investigations.
courts and transitional justice mechanisms with the expertise they need to ensure that SGBV is documented and that gender considerations are fully integrated into their work. Since 2009, UN Women has provided gender expertise to United Nations human rights investigations, the International Criminal Court, and national and regional investigations, in partnership with Justice Rapid Response.
The interested applicants can apply online through the official career page of UN Women (United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women) before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Quick Details about UN Women
- Hiring Organization: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Shortly Known as: UN Women
- Founded: 2010
- Founder: United Nations General Assembly
- Parent organization: United Nations
- Organization Type: Non-profit organization
- Organization Size: 1,001-5,000 employees
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Official Website: www.unwomen.org
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
UN Women Ethiopia Job Notifications 2021
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
1:Programme Officer-Gender Transformative Climate Smart Agriculture and Agri-Business
- Location: Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA
- Eduction: A minimum of a master’s degree in Agricultural-Economics, Agricultural Business, and/or related fields of studies in Agriculture and Value Chain Development and Climate Smart Agriculture.
- Five and more years of experience on management of agribusiness value chain development and climate smart agriculture related programs and projects; at least three years of working experiences with women farmers and their organizations/cooperatives,
- The candidate should be conversant with grass root expertise of the following subjects: agricultural value chain development, agricultural cooperatives, practical dynamics of micro and macroeconomics, marketing, community development, environmental and land related policies and law, and quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Strong knowledge of gender issues in agriculture and development policies and strategies,
- knowledge of Ethiopian agriculture, modern agricultural technologies and related policies and development packages,
- Experience in working with diverse stakeholders in agriculture, private sectors and development organizations including agriculture research institutions,
- Experience of conducting research, assessment and producing reports to the required standards ,
- Analytical skills with excellent computer application software skills,
- Skills in developing training materials including audio visual materials and experience in conducting trainings at different levels,
- Deadline: 22-Nov-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
- View Notification: Click Here
2: Programme Officer, Women in Leadership and Governance
- Location : Addis Ababa , Ethiopia
- Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
- Experience At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in the women in leadership and governance is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Language Fluency in English and Amharic is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
- Deadline: 24-Nov-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
- View Notification: Click Here
How To Apply?
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided?on the basis of?qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.?
- All applications must include (as an attachment) a completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment.
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment and candidates are required to include in the P-11 form links for their previously published reports and articles completed within the last two years. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.?
UN Women?has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.? All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)?
UN Women Contact Address
United Nations Women
Street address: 220 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
Telephone: +1 646 781-4400
Fax: +1 646 781-4444
Web address: www.unwomen.org