UN Women Ethiopia Jobs 2021: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. UN Women Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment. It’s a great opportunity to work under them.
Securing accountability and ending impunity for SGBV and asserting women’s and girls’ access to the full range of rights are some of the most challenging yet fundamental conditions for the restoration of the rule of law post-conflict. Upon request, UN Women provides national and international investigations.
courts and transitional justice mechanisms with the expertise they need to ensure that SGBV is documented and that gender considerations are fully integrated into their work. Since 2009, UN Women has provided gender expertise to United Nations human rights investigations, the International Criminal Court, and national and regional investigations, in partnership with Justice Rapid Response.
The interested applicants can apply online through the official career page of UN Women (United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women) before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Quick Details about UN Women
- Hiring Organization: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Shortly Known as: UN Women
- Founded: 2010
- Founder: United Nations General Assembly
- Parent organization: United Nations
- Organization Type: Non-profit organization
- Organization Size: 1,001-5,000 employees
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Official Website: www.unwomen.org
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
UN Women Ethiopia Job Notifications 2021
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
1: NATIONAL CONSULTANT
- Location: Addis Ababa-with extended travels to Afar and Somali regions (ETH)
- Type of Employment: Contractual
- Duration of Initial Contract: 60 days
- Qualifications: Master’s degree in relevant fields
- Experience: Eight years of relevant experience
- Job Deadline: 21 April 2021 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Starting Date: 03 May 2021
- View Notification: Click Here
2: UN Women: Gender Specialist/SGBV Investigator
- Application Deadline :04-May-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Location : Addis Ababa , Ethiopia
- Type of Contract : TA International
- Education: Advanced University Degree (Masters or equivalent) preferably in law, political science, or international relations.
- A combination of relevant academic qualifications and two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Experience: Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in human rights documentation or a related field, particularly in the area of women’s human rights and/or SGBV;
How To Apply?
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-p11-personal-history-form.doc?la=en&vs=558. Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
For more information about application and recruitment process please follow the above job notifications or visit at https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment/application-process.
UN Women Contact Address
United Nations Women
Street address: 220 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
Telephone: +1 646 781-4400
Fax: +1 646 781-4444
Web address: www.unwomen.org