IOM Ethiopia Jobs 2021: International Organization for Migration invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. IOM Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is implementing the EU-IOM Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration (also known as the Joint Initiative or JI) is funded by the European Union Trust Fund (EUTF). The program is implemented in the Horn of Africa, in four countries including Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia and Sudan.
The interested applicants can apply online through the official career page of IOM (International Organization for Migration) before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Quick Details about IOM
- Hiring Organization: International Organization for Migration
- Shortly Known as: IOM
- Founded: 1951
- Official Languages: English, French and Spanish
- Director General: António Vitorino
- Organization Type: Non-profit
- Organization Size: 11,500+ employees
- Headquarters: Grand-Saconnex, Switzerland
- Official Website: www.iom.int
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
NB: Whenever you are looking for job in Ethiopia, just remember www.ethioworks.com We hope that ethioworks.com will help you find your dream job quickly and easily.
Recently the has published an employment notification in Addis Zemen regarding the currently vacant post on various posts. Therefore, interested Ethiopia Govt job seekers must apply before the closing date.
IOM Ethiopia Job Notifications 2021
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
Migrant Protection Intern
- Educational Qualification BA degree (fresh graduate) in Social Sciences or related field of study is required.
- High level of computer literacy is required particularly good knowledge of MS Office
- Good communication skills, drive for results, flexibility, efficiency, respect for diversity
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions and within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
- Familiarity with the work of NGOs and/or International Organizations would be a plus.
- Prior experience working for an international organization, particularly on migration issues, would be an asset, though not required.
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English and a working knowledge of Amharic is required
- Knowledge of additional local language is an advantage
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticism
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identifies ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT,
by 14 October 2021 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!