IOM Ethiopia Jobs 2021: International Organization for Migration invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. IOM Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment.
IOM is implementing the EU-IOM Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration (also known as the Joint Initiative or JI) is funded by the European Union Trust Fund (EUTF). The program is implemented in the Horn of Africa, in four countries including Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia and Sudan. The objective of the program is to contribute towards facilitating orderly, safe, regular and responsible migration management through the development and implementation of rights-based, development focused and sustainable return and reintegration policies and processes. The program aims to address the following specific objectives:
The interested applicants can apply online through the official career page of IOM (International Organization for Migration) before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Quick Details about IOM
- Hiring Organization: International Organization for Migration
- Shortly Known as: IOM
- Founded: 1951
- Official Languages: English, French and Spanish
- Director General: António Vitorino
- Organization Type: Non-profit
- Organization Size: 11,500+ employees
- Headquarters: Grand-Saconnex, Switzerland
- Official Website: www.iom.int
IOM Ethiopia Job Notifications 2021
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
INTERN – CAPACITY BUILDING (JOINT INTERVENTION)
- Educational Qualification BA Degree Public Administration, Management, International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Humanitarian Studies, and other related Social Science fields
- Fresh graduate with university degree in the mentioned fields.
- High level of computer literacy is required, in particular, experience in computerized HR and/or Accounting software systems; good knowledge of MS Office specifically Excel
- Good communication skills, drive for results, flexibility, efficiency, respect for diversity
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions and within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English and Amharic is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve the performance of self and others
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and, promotes equal gender participation.
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
- Technological Awareness – displays an awareness of relevant technological solutions
IOM Application Process [How to Apply?]
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by 09 August 2021 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn’t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment