IOM Ethiopia Jobs 2022: International Organization for Migration invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. IOM Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is implementing the EU-IOM Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration (also known as the Joint Initiative or JI) is funded by the European Union Trust Fund (EUTF). The program is implemented in the Horn of Africa, in four countries including Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia and Sudan.
The interested applicants can apply online through the official career page of IOM (International Organization for Migration) before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Quick Details about IOM
- Hiring Organization: International Organization for Migration
- Shortly Known as: IOM
- Founded: 1951
- Official Languages: English, French and Spanish
- Director General: António Vitorino
- Organization Type: Non-profit
- Organization Size: 11,500+ employees
- Headquarters: Grand-Saconnex, Switzerland
- Official Website: www.iom.int
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Recently the has published an employment notification in Addis Zemen regarding the currently vacant post on various posts. Therefore, interested Ethiopia Govt job seekers must apply before the closing date.
IOM Ethiopia Job Notifications 2022
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
- Position: Programme Coordinator (Joint Labour Migration Programme (African Union)
- Job Time: Full-Time
- Job Type: Contract
- Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Master’s Degree in Labour Economics, Law, Management, Social Sciences or in Public Administration Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience in Labour, employment, and social protection policies at the continental level, coordinating with the AU RECs, coordinating continental policy frameworks, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Familiarity with AUC, IOM, and ILO policies and procedures.
- Proven knowledge of and experience with AU policy organs relevant to the monitoring of the project.
- Experience in working with the AU, RECs, IOM, ECA, ILO, and EU on the fields of labor, employment, social protection, labor migration, and labor market information systems.
- Working experience and collaboration with continental and regional social partners’ organizations (Business Africa, OATUU, and ITUC Africa).
- Capacity to initiate and implement technical cooperation programs and activities with IOM, ECA, EU, ILO, and other relevant international partners.
- Capacity to provide technical advice in labor, employment and labor migration, labor market information systems, as well as on AU Policy Organs relevant for the project implementation, policy oversight, and monitoring (Specialized Technical Committee on Social Development, Labour and Employment, Executive Council, Assembly of Heads of States and Government, Pan African parliament, etc.).
- Knowledge of, and ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses in the field of the project.
- Problem-solving capability.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in both English and French.
- Ability to prepare high-quality and technically sound reports.
- Knowledge of UN Joint and bilateral donor programming.
- M&E, follow-up on employment, labor, and social protection policy frameworks, including MS, RECs, and international partners.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Computer competencies: (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.).
- Languages:IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, or Chinese).
- Application Deadline: Jan, 27/2022
How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications. IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.