IOM Ethiopia Jobs 2021: International Organization for Migration invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. IOM Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is implementing the EU-IOM Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration (also known as the Joint Initiative or JI) is funded by the European Union Trust Fund (EUTF). The program is implemented in the Horn of Africa, in four countries including Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia and Sudan.
The interested applicants can apply online through the official career page of IOM (International Organization for Migration) before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Quick Details about IOM
- Hiring Organization: International Organization for Migration
- Shortly Known as: IOM
- Founded: 1951
- Official Languages: English, French and Spanish
- Director General: António Vitorino
- Organization Type: Non-profit
- Organization Size: 11,500+ employees
- Headquarters: Grand-Saconnex, Switzerland
- Official Website: www.iom.int
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Recently the has published an employment notification in Addis Zemen regarding the currently vacant post on various posts. Therefore, interested Ethiopia Govt job seekers must apply before the closing date.
IOM Ethiopia Job Notifications 2021
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
Position: Legal Intern
- Vacancy No: IOM-CFA/0119/2021
- Position Title:Legal Intern (2 positions)
- Position Grade: Internship
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Type of Appointment: Three months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
- Educational Qualification : Fresh graduate with University Degree in Law or related field of study.
- Knowledge of national law is important,
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in performing responsibilities,
- Required IOM functional competencies: Effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, team player and
- Proficient in Microsoft windows. Computer literacy: intermediate-level user or higher.
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English and Amharic is required.
- Knowledge of other local languages spoken in Ethiopia is advantageous.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve the performance of self and others
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and, promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays an awareness of relevant technological solutions
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by 21 October 2021 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!