Canadian universities have always been a priority of students when it comes to studying abroad. Almost 130000+ international students from different parts of the world choose Canadian universities every year for their Short Courses, undergraduate/bachelor, masters, and ph.d. studies. A lot of International Students avail Scholarship in Canada, for their bright career as well as some student studies on self-funds.
There are thousands of opportunities in Canada for international students. Why do we suggest you go to study in Canada for your bright career? Not only because of its vigorous culture and high-quality education system, but it also provides numerous opportunities for a bright future. Three main aspects that Canada and its academic institutions focus on are Research, scientific publications, and international collaborations.
Where you want to study, how will you get a study permit and student visa? These are some of the questions every student should know if he/she is interested in studying in Canada. Let’s find out together!
1. Get your acceptance letter by applying to a Canadian university
Before starting your student visa application process, you ought to decide where you want to study in Canada. You will get an acceptance letter required for the visa application process only after being accepted by a Canadian university.
We have some Canadian university to recommend:
- Brock University
- Seneca College
- University of Regina
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Mount Allison University
2. Check if you really need to apply for a student visa in Canada
Official Canadian study permit tool can help you find out if you really need a study visa or permit. You don’t need a study visa in order to study in Canada if one of the conditions applies to you:
- You are a family member of a foreign representative in Canada, who is well recognized by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade, and Development Canada.
- Your program to study in Canada lasts less than six months.
- You have an Indian status registered in Canada although you are a citizen of another country.
When it comes to Canadian visas, rules are different as a student visa does not allow you to enter or travel to Canada. For this purpose, you will need a travel visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
3. Start your Application process for a Canadian student visa
After getting an acceptance letter from a Canadian university, it will time to head to the next step for you that is to apply for a student visa, locally known as a study permit in Canada.
Follow these steps:
- Before you arrive in Canada, apply online for your Canadian student visa on the Citizenship or Immigration Canada (CIC).
- In case, you have a limited internet connection or cannot submit the documents online, send you visa application documents by post.
- The student needs to provide an acceptance letter from a Canadian Government Recognized university recognized.
- Prove that you have enough financial means to support your education throughout your study period in Canada.
- You must not have a Criminal record.
- Submit your complete health report that proofs your good health.
You can also read about – How to Apply for Student Visa for Australia, Complete Process – HERE
According to recent Canadian visa rules, if one of your family members working or applying for a work license in Canada, the application process for your study permit will complete in just two weeks. You can also extend or renew your study permit if:
- Your study program has extended
- You shift to another university
- You further wish to study at a Canadian university
The study permit expires 90 days after you have received a notification of your program completion. You can still stay in Canada to enjoy its eye-capturing beauty or to apply for a work permit. This work permit will help you to have a full-time or part-time job, or even be self-employed.
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page – Facebook Group
4. Arrange all the documents required for a student visa in Canada
- Firstly, fill in the student visa Application form.
- Letter of acceptance from Canadian universities recognized by their government.
- A valid passport with at least two blank pages is not necessary if you live in the USA.
- Two passport size photographs (s), with name and date of birth mentioned on the back.
- Proof of enough financial means to support your education which becomes 10,000 and 11,000 CAD per year.
- A letter of resolution.
- You will need a Certificate acceptance du Québec, English and French translations of your document, a statement of the translator, and a certified copy of the original document if you are planning to study in Quebec.
- Pay the study permit fee which is 150 CAD.
5. Language Requirement(s) for Canada Study Visa
English language skill is not included on the documents required for study permit application process unless you come from a non-English speaking country. In all other cases, Canadian universities will demand you an English language proficiency document. Accepted language tests are:
6. Biometric appointment and interview schedule
You might have to show up at a Visa Application Center in your country to have your metrics taken depending upon your Nationality. There is about an 85 CAD biometric fee. This is an additional fee along with the regular visa application fee. Besides this, there are some countries, that they don’t need any biometric requirement, so the students from those countries don’t need to go to the application center for biometric verification.
A person can be called for an interview depending on his/her individual situation.
7. Time is taken by a Canadian study permit
It is usually faster, but a Canadian study permit can take up to 90 days after applying for it. This somehow also depends on the situation in your home country. Student Direct Stream can help you get your study permit faster. The SDS is available only for the students who come from one of the following countries:
- The Philippines
You can already pack your bags with this thorough information of getting a student visa for Canada and can enjoy studying there.
Good News: There are thousands of International Scholarship in China for International Students, But Students don’t know how to apply in China for Scholarships. We have written a complete article about the application process in China with sample documents.
8. Scholarships in Canada for International Students
There are thousands of Students searching for Scholarships for International Students in Canada for their bright future. You are in the right place, Different Canadian Universities, organizations, and the Canadian Government offer Canadian scholarships for International Students. Every year thousands of Students avail Undergraduate Scholarships, Masters Scholarships, Ph.D. Scholarships in Canada. We are sharing some most famous Canada Scholarships for International Students as given below:
Undergraduate – Masters – Ph.D. Scholarships in Canada