DAAD Scholarships 2023/24 in Germany for International Students: Applications are opened to apply for the DAAD Scholarships 2022 in Germany.
All International Students from all over the world those who want to Study on Fully Funded Scholarship in Germany for the degree of Master’s and PhD are highly encouraged to apply for DAAD scholarship. DAAD is offering Scholarships in Designated Universities with a wide range of Academic Fields scholarships for international students to study a Masters or PhD degree. The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and International students.
Almost all academic fields and majors are offered by Germany Government under this scholarship. This award will cover all the expenses. For the DAAD Scholarship 2023 to 2024 the Duration of the Master’s Degree will be for 12-24 months for (depending on the particular institution) and 36 months for PhD.
DAAD Scholarships 2023 Details:
- Scholarship By: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Degree level: Master’s, PhD
- Eligible nationality: International
- Award country: Germany
- Last Date: Different for every University.
Join Our Telegram Group if You not Joined it Already
Avail the most amazing opportunity University of Otago Scholarships 2023 in New Zealand (Fully Funded)
😇 So You Will Never Miss Any Opportunity for your excellency. Then hurry up to join, follow and like us on different Social Networks. 😇
This scholarship programme offers you the opportunity to complete your doctoral degree in Germany.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you have above-average qualifications and you completed your Master’s degree or Diplom, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree, at the latest by the time the funding period begins.
What can be funded?
The programme provides funding for a doctoral project at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education or a non-university research institute in Germany. This can be either:
- an individual project supervised by a university teacher (doctoral supervisor)
- participation in a structured doctoral study programme
Research phases outside Germany can also be funded if these are critical for the successful completion of your doctoral degree. Another requirement is that the visits should constitute no more than one quarter of the anticipated total funding period. You must provide details about the planned visits in your study plan and time schedule in your application documents (see “Application documents”).
Duration of the funding
- Funding is provided for a maximum of four years; the length of the funding period is decided by a selection committee and depends on your project and study plan.
- Grants are initially awarded for a maximum of one year. Extensions depend on whether the selection committee considers your previous award period to have been successfully completed.
- Monthly payments of 1,200 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- annual research allowance. If you come from a DAC country, you will receive a flat rate of € 460 (€ 230 in the fourth year); for all other countries the grant is € 260 (€ 130 in the fourth year).
Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying family members. Please also read our important information for scholarship applicants / section F, point 3.
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
To enable you to improve your language skills in preparation for your stay in Germany, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for an online language course after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the research stay in Germany; the DAAD decides whether to fund the grant holder’s participation and for how long depending on language skills and project. If a language course scholarship is granted and the working language at the host institute is German, participation is compulsory. Due to the pandemic, German courses may take place online.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the grant period
- Reimbursement of the fee for a TestDaF or DSH test, which you can take either in your home country after you have received your Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany during your funding period.
An independent selection committee consisting of specialist scientists reviews applications.
The selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements (grade point average, development of grades)
- Academic progress
- Knowledge of the language of instruction or working language
- If applicable, scholarly achievements after graduation, (e.g. publications, lectures, conference papers)
2. Quality of research project
- Quality of research proposal and preparation (originality, topicality and relevance of the project, choice of host institution and first contacts)
- Feasibility and consistency of study plan and schedule (analysis and evaluation stages)
- Incorporation of project within the overall doctorate (in terms of content and time), if relevant
3. Potential of applicant
- Career prospects: significance of the research project and stay in Germany for further academic, professional and personal development
- Motivation: academic and personal reasons for wanting to visit Germany, German language skills (if different from working language)
- Non-study-related activities: non-study-related knowledge and skills, civic engagement
How to Apply For DAAD Scholarships?
There is Online Application System for DAAD Scholarship in Germany. You have to Apply Online. The Link of the DAAD Online portal the Official website is given below. Select Your Country and read further information.